Sunday, October 16, 2011

Side Table from Pallets

So I was purusing Pinterest a couple of weeks ago and stumbled upon this pin:


Isn't it awesome?  I had scored some pallets that were posted on craigslist quite a while ago, and they were just sitting in our basement begging to be used.  So this past weekend, I got to work! 


First I had the hubby help me tear apart the pallet.  He used a big hammer and hit the boards from the backside to loosen up the nails.  And I didn't even have to ask for help this time!  I was pleasantly surprised. 


Time lapsed photos make it look so easy, right?   I wish that it was like this in real life!


I used a piece of plywood as a base for the smaller pieces to go on...here I am measuring everything out. 


OK, so I don't have any pictures of the fabrication process because it was a lot of trial and error as I worked through it.  I'll actually need to make another side table because we have two in our living room, so I'll try to take some pictures then.  Although at this point, it was such a pain to make, that it almost seems daunting to make another!  :/

BUT, here is finished result!!  I definitely like the top, although I'm not completely sold on the legs.  I might also shorten the legs a bit, but I'll wait a few days to tackle that one.  It's easy to cut stuff off, but not so easy to put it back on again ;)

4 comments:

  1. I just found your site through YHL's Pineterst Challenge. This looks awesome!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just love how this turned out and that amazing texture it adds :)

    xo Catharine @ Your Modern Couple

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brittany
    Thanks! Maybe now I can find the motivation to do a second on :)

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Your Modern Couple Thank you! I've seen pictures of floors that people have done on Pinterest in a similar way, and I just LOVE it. It's something you don't expect to see

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete