Monday, November 14, 2011

My Slight Wreath Obsession

First, I hope that you all had a great weekend!  I got to have my "little" sister over on Saturday night because my parents were out celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary!  I say "little" because although little sis is only 11, she's already several inches taller than me, and I'm sure that it will only get worse!  Although...looking on the bright side...I get her hand-me-downs now...for example, I got a great pair of rubber boots that she outgrew, and I wear them just about everywhere when the weather is yucky!  Yay for me!

Anyway, on to the crafty stuff:  soooo I know that I kind of a have a habit of changing my front door just about often as I change my underwear.  OK, that was a huge exaggeration, but you get the idea: I loooove to switch up my front door because it’s so gosh darn easy!  I love coming home to a cute wreath, and with the holidays coming up, I wanted something more Christmas-y than the leaves

So the other night when the husband was at his bowling league, I crafted this little guy out of things that I already had in my craft closet.  The base is an old grapevine wreath that I spray painted white.  The red rosettes are the leftover sleeves from the red sweater that I used to make one of the pillows here.  (I followed this tutorial to make the rosettes…it’s so easy!).  The white pearly things are part of a larger accent piece that I got for 50% off at Hobby Lobby this fall.  I trimmed the pearly accent piece to size with little snippers.  I used two of them total and paid $3. 


I just realized that this wreath could carry me through Valentine's Day...but I'm sure that I'll feel the need to switch things up...umm...well, probbaly next week ;)


I also made some cute wall hangings the other day too…more on that soon!  I need to have the husband help me hang them.  For some reason whenever I hang things myself, they always end up too low, too high, or completely crooked! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment