Sunday, November 20, 2011

Second-hand goodies!

Hey!  I hope that your weekend went well!  I got some holiday shopping done this weekend, and did some second-hand shopping as well.  And wow, there were sooo many people at the mall this weekend, it was crazy!  I'm glad that I don't have a lot of people to shop for. 

It's been a lazy day today...the hubster and I took our puppy Max to the local state park and walked him.  Then we came home and watched a movie called "Outbreak", about a virus infection...because what's a better way to wind down your weekend than watching a movie about a pandemic?!  Right now, Max is keeping me company...you can tell that he really wants to crawl in my lap, but he's settling for neck rub instead :)


On Saturday I went to an apartment sale that my friend Beth's mom's friend was having (did you get all that?!).  This lady was changing her decor and getting rid of a bunch of her stuff.  To top it off, she does art and jewelry work on the side, so just getting to see her apartment was an experience all on its own!  Her apartment was in an old manufacturing building (I think?), so it had these gorgeous tall ceilings and big windows.  She'd decorated it in bright colors and awesome furniture, and it all fit together so nicely.  She was only letting people in the front rooms of her place, but oh how I wanted to see what she'd done with the back rooms!  It was eye candy all over the place!


Both Beth and myself walked out with some goodies...we actually had to make two trips because we couldn't carry it out at once.  I snapped these pictures on our way out...I felt kind of weird taking pictures of someone else's place. 


I got two mirrors and a scrap piece of fabric that I'm assuming will eventually become a table cloth, but it's anyone's guess this early in the game ;)

The pink mirror probably won't stay this color...I could see it being a darker shade of pink, but I need to figure out where I'm going to put it first!  And the best part was that I only paid $5 for it!

[PS: total downside to taking pictures of mirrors...they always manage to reflect all those random piles of crap that you don't want anyone to see!  I had to artfully arrange stuff for a somewhat "attractive" reflection ;) ]


This little guy is smaller than the pink mirror, but I love its shape!  I paid $10 for it, but I love the details. 


You can't tell, but I'm going to have to put some more screws in so that the mirrors don't fall out of the frames.  But I'll do that after I repaint the frames to make my life a little easier. 

Finally, I got a piece of fabric for $2...and I just LOVE the print.  It's so "me".  The label along the bottom says "Echino", and when I googled it, it returned the most amazing fabrics.   


Check out the Seven Islands Fabric website here to see more stuff.  The piece that I got yesterday is actually quite heavy, and has a slight stretch to it, so if I had any confidence in my ability to sew anything other than a pillow, I would totally take a crack at making clothes with it!


Anyway, that was my weekend in a nutshell.  I found a recipe for homemade poptarts on Pinterest the other night, so I think that I'm going to attempt those tonight...since it's been all that I can thinking about haha.  I have a such a one-track mind...I will let you know how it goes! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment