Monday, November 28, 2011

Snowflake Canvases from Stencils

I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving holiday!  We did a lot of eating, relaxing and lounging around:


Doesn't Max look comfy??  He is such a little ham sometimes!

I did some shopping around on Black Friday...and yes, I was one of those crazy ladies who showed up at Joann Fabrics when they opened up promptly at 6am :-p  I also hit up some other stores and got some Christmas shopping done, which was nice. 

I also did a bunch of crafting and rearranging of some things this past weekend.  I finally got a chance to hang up these cute canvases that I made a few weeks ago! 


They are just some art canvases that I covered in burlap, and then stenciled some doily designs on with white craft paint.  The stencils were in the same package that I bought for my living room rug, and can be found at Michaels here


The canvases actually needed two layers of burlap (only one layer, and you could still see through the fabric!).  I didn't intend for them to look like snow flakes when I first made them, but it's a nice little perk now that the holidays are coming up! 

I also took the wall hanging that was up in the living room and put it in the dining room.


And then took the painted canvas that I made with painters tape a while ago and hung it up in the living room where the other one used to be. 



You see the cute little tree in the right hand side of the picture?  That was also one of my craft projects this past weekend!  I'll give you the low-down on that later ;)



0 comments:

Post a Comment