Thursday, November 10, 2011

You'll never guess what these pillows are made from...!

Hmm...I piqued your interest, didn't I?  That was kiiiiiiind of the point ;)


Aren't they cute?  The great thing is that they only cost me about $3 apiece to make!  Any ideas as to what I used? 


Sweaters!  From a thrift store no less.  They were actually very cute to begin with, and I was very tempted to keep the silver one, but I decided that the needs of the living room were greater than my own.  Aren't I so generous? :-p I paid $10 for the two sweaters and made them into three pillows. 

These were super easy to make.  First I cut up the sweaters to size.  Then, I used my sewing machine to sew around 3 of the 4 sides, stuffed them with some existing pillow forms I had, and then hand stitched the 4th side closed. 





Easy peasy lemon squeezy!





For the grey sweater, I backed the material with some white fabric since the knit was really loose and you could see through it. 


But yes, they were sooo easy, and it was actually quite fun hunting for just the perfect sweaters.  And if you already have some old sweaters in your closet that you aren't wearing anymore, this project would be practically free for you. And who doesn't love free?


I can't wait to get started on some more holiday decorations!

1 comment: