Sunday, January 22, 2012

All things Etsy

Have you ever heard of the website Etsy?  It's this great place where anyone can sell their handmade items, from ceramics, to paper products, to paintings, to clothes and furniture and dishes.  Ah, I could go on for forever!  It really helps to know what you're looking for, or what you like, but sometimes I go on and peruse random stuff.  There are some ridiculously talented people out there!

A few weeks ago, I ordered some prints and a water color from an artist in Israel named Ola Liola.  The water-colors that she has in her shop are just so pretty!  The moth in the lower left corner is an actual original water-color, and the rest are prints.



The 8'' x 10'' prints were very reasonable at $16 apiece...plus she had a special going on, where if you order two, you can get a third one free.  The little 4'' x 6'' prints were thrown in for free! 

I was so excited for them to get here!  They took about 2.5 weeks due to the shipping (I mean, they WERE coming from half way around the world), but it was so worth it.  I'm in the process of looking for some frames so that I can hang them up!  They are too pretty to keep hidden away. 

For Christmas, my husband ordered my presents from some vendors on Etsy too.  I got a beautiful necklace and some earrings.  The stone in the middle is called a "druzy", and it's a type of crystal.  If you ever collected those geode crystals when you were little...they're kind of like that!  They sparkle and shimmer...makes me feel all glamorous and sophisticated ;)  



So there are two samples of things that you can find on Etsy!  Since most of the items on the website are hand-made, you know that you're getting a one-of-a-kind item, which is pretty cool.  You should check it out sometime! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment