Monday, February 6, 2012

A very purpley third bedroom!

I've made some good progress on the third bedroom!  It went from this:


To this:





The color is Behr's "vintage mauve".  Painting all of that trim and edging everything is such a pain, but it was so worth it! 

My next mission is to find a twin-sized bed to go in there...ideally with a trundle bed underneath it that pulls out.  I haven't had the greatest luck so far, so I'm playing around with the idea of building one!  The bed will eventually go where the desk is sitting.  Once I get a bed in there, I'll be able to hang that lamp that I got from Pottery Barn. 

Don't you love the curtains?  I'm soooo glad that they aren't as sheer as I thought that they would be...they totally hide all of the mess that's currently hiding in the closet ;)

What kind of projects that have you been working on lately?

2 comments:

  1. where can i find those curtains? i love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curtains were from Urban Outfitters. They don't sell them anymore, but they usually have a pretty cute selection of curtains available, so it might be worth it to check them out. Target currently has something similar to the sequin curtains I used, but the colors are different: http://www.target.com/p/xhilaration-window-panel-sequins-54x84/-/A-12061909?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C12061909&CPNG=Home+Decor&kpid=12061909&ci_gpa=pla&ci_sku=12061909

      Delete