Friday, July 20, 2012

Confessions of a Thrift-o-holic

Hi, my name is Sara and I like to hit up thrift stores and garage sales.  A lot.  I guess that part of it is the allure is finding something vintage or truly unique that I know that no one else is going to have.  That, and you can also get some killer deals.  I mean, where else could you get this adorable liquor carafe and shot glass set for $2.45?!  I am not a big drinker, but this is would look adorable chilling out on a shelf somewhere in my house.

But I digress: last night I added to my collection of thrifted furniture.

This is part of an email that I send to one of my girl friends this morning:
"Confession: I got a smaller-ish dresser last night at a thrift store.  The plan will be to keep my tools in there, although I'll need to rearrange my craft room to fit it in there.  I haven't told the husband yet...figured it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.  It's still in the back of my station wagon because I went and picked it up last night when it was dark out so he wouldn't see it in the back.  How bad am I?!"


Isn't it adorable?  It was only $40.  I'm not going to lie, the legs are what got me...they're so cute and stubby!  I'm only 5' 1'' on a good day, which means that my legs are actually kind of stubby too--awww, it was meant to be :)  OK, so you can't really tell from the pic of it still in my car, but trust me, it's adorable.

I've got plans for it, so stay tuned! Other than that, have a fantastic weekend, and I'll "see" y'all later!  


0 comments:

Post a Comment