Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bouckeville Antique Show

Two weekends ago I went to this huuuuge antique festival in Bouckeville, NY.  I mean, it was just massive…I was there for a good three hours and I didn’t even see half of the things that were there!  It was an absolutely gorgeous day out…sunny and just cool enough that you weren’t sweating (too bad).  And I got a chance to work on my farmer’s tan—I mean, what else can a girl ask for?


I ended up going into the actual Bouckeville antique fair, which is held in several adjacent farming fields.  You have to pay a $5 admission to get in (I got my admission free with $5 parking).  However, a ton of antique vendors set up their wares all along the main street through the village of Bouckeville, so there’s no real reason why you need to pay admission to visit the “official” fair—unless you want to of course. 

There was eye candy all over the place…




I thought that this sign was cute because I saw several guys dutifully toting their wife's/girlfriend's purchases for them!






 Ahh, I am obsessed with vintage linens...such awesome prints and colors!  All of it was extremely girly though, and I was trying to keep my hubs in mind when making purchases.  Well, kind of ;)


I came home with a few things...

First up was this piece of fabric that I bought because I fell in love with the pattern.  If you look really really close you can see little strands of silver running through it.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet (which is typical of any piece of fabric that I buy), but I know that something will come to me eventually!



Second, I'm in the process of building up a collection of vintage Christmas ornaments.  I scored 6 of them for only $6, which is a pretty good deal.  I love that pink!


Lastly, I got this piano stool because it was reasonably priced, and because the finish matched the spindle bed that I already have in the spare bedroom.  The seat is adjustable, and it spins really (!) well, which means that I've already had fun seeing how fast I can go around without making myself sick ;)  Also--look at its cute little claw feet!


I can't wait to go back again next year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment