Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Three (almost) Free Art Ideas

Artwork is pretty much the last thing that I get to whenever I redo a room.  Part of that is because I'm the self-proclaimed "Queen the Procrastination" when it comes to hanging stuff up, but mostly it's because I'm too cheap practical to go out and spend money on something that I could potentially do myself.  Please tell me that I'm not the only one out there like that ;)

In an effort to get better about the whole wall art thing, I came up with three different options.  The best part is, they are so cheap, that they are practically free.  (now that's a four-letter word that I don't mind hearing!)


So, I don't know about you, but I take just about forever to make a decision when it comes to paint colors.  This is probably why I've amassed what amounts to a small army of paint chips in my craft closet.  I trimmed them down into small triangles and arranged them using double-sided tape and a scrap piece of cardboard.


Next up is a placemat that I got last year at Target for less than $2!  It was the only one left and I didn't have it in my heart to just leave it there.  A quick trim and a picture frame was all that it needed.


Lastly, I have quite the collection of old linens that I've picked up at garage sales and thrift stores.  This one was cute, but it had some stains that absolutely refused to come out.  Scissors came to the rescue again, and now it looks really cute hanging up on my wall.



I hung them all up in our bedroom, using the same technique that I described in this post.  I'll still need more artwork eventually, but this is a pretty good start!



PS: I love how you can tell that I'm short based on the upward perspective of all the bedroom pictures ;)  Oops!

2 comments:

  1. I love to do this with leftover wrapping paper. For my room last year I bought big Ikea frames and laid different decorative papers inside - it was the cheapest wall art ever. I love what you did with the paint chips, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, the wrapping paper is a great idea--I'm always looking for new things to frame!

      Delete