Thursday, January 10, 2013

Round 'em up

Do you ever have those nights when you're like "I'm going to go run 10 miles!" and then you end up sitting on the couch eating potato chips?  Well, last night I had grandiose plans of cutting molding and painting stuff, but then I sat down and watched the season three first episode of Downton Abbey.  Two hours later when it was done, I was like "Well, I might as well catch up on Once Upon a Time too..." and THAT is how it got to be 10:30 pm...with my biggest accomplishment of the night being scrambled eggs for dinner ;)  BTW, I didn't eat any chips during the evening, but I did have a cookie.  Mmm...cookies...

Anyway, I digress!  I've got a bigger project going on right now that I hope to finish up this weekend.  Here's a little sneak peek...cute "baby" level + bead board = win-win (if you ask me!)



In the mean time, I figured I'd share some of my favorite past projects--the ones that still turn me into a giddy schoolgirl every time I look at them.  I've never done a "round-up" of my past projects before, so maybe you'll see something new!  

Last year I installed some coat hooks by the front door, and they are a life-saver when it comes to keeping things organized.  They are actually silver-sprayed painted iron hooks from Hobby Lobby.  The spray paint has held up wonderfully--no chipping or rubbing off going on around here.



I also added some thin trim to my flat closet door, and accented it with some burlap.  It's like getting a brand-spanking new door...without all the hassle of installation (yuck!).  


Our main hallway (OK, the only hallway we have) is on the narrow side.  Instead of cluttering it up with picture frames, I glammed up the end wall with some silver paint and an awesome garage-sale mirror.  


I also have a major obsession with painting the insides of closets:

Plaid:

and Herringbone:

Annnnnd, my favorite accessory ever is my leather and doily change purse, which I carry everywhere with me.  It's so cute it almost makes paying for groceries enjoyable.  Almost ;)


So there's my round up!  Check back next week for the reveal to my sneak peek above.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, it's all new to me since I just found your blog. I always wanted to paint the insides of my closets. I love the herringbone and that garage sale mirror is right down my alley.
    By the way the sitting around and getting sucked in by the TV happens to me all the time in the evenings, but I enjoy it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I found your blog on the GFC link up! You're so crafty :)

    Jessinia
    Sea Glass and Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I tell you I LOVE that mirror I can't believe you found that at a garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! It was only $5 too! A lot of those mirrors are marked "syroco" and they're kind of a hard plastic-y material...keep an eye out for them at garage sales. Also, I think IKEA makes a similar mirror too.

      Delete
  4. I am LOVING that burlap door. Wow-- I am dreaming of that in a laundry room. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of that and downton abbey. Im a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this stuff is AWESOME! great job. i'm inspired :)

    ReplyDelete