Monday, February 4, 2013

Gift Idea for Guys: Beer and Snack Gift Basket

Guys are the hardest people to buy gifts for!  My Dad and my husband always seem to want the most expensive things...it's SO hard to surprise them with something good.

This year, my Dad's birthday happens to fall a few days after the Superbowl, so in preparation I put together a little gift basket for him.  


Our local supermarket--Wegmans--let's you pick from probably 100 different brands/types of beer to create your own custom 6-pack.  Since I don't know crap about beer, I ended up calling one of my girlfriends who was able to give me some very helpful suggestions for selecting some decent bottles based on what my dad usually buys.  Annnd to be honest, I thought that the label on one of my final six selections was pretty ;)

I paired the beer with some munchies such as barbecue chips, cashews, peanut m&ms, all-natural snickers bars, seasoned crackers, and beef jerky.


I packed it all in a cute tote basket--purchased--not made...sorry to disappoint you all ;)


It was a nice gift that went over very well because I gave it to him Sunday afternoon--just in time for the Superbowl!  It's something a little different that wasn't expected, and since I didn't wrap it, he couldn't spoil it by guessing what was in there (which is so typical for him!).

Need any other ideas?  I made Dad this tool bucket organizer for Christmas that's handy for carrying around all of your supplies for house projects.  I might have to make one for myself soon because I'm starting to work on the kitchen.  More on that later this week!  

6 comments:

  1. I love going to Wegmans to get different beer. We always buy that for my father-in-law too. Even though I'm German I have to say that our favorites are the Belgium beers. Yummy! I could have told you all kinds of beer brands to get ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh! I will totally keep you in mind next time then! BTW, I totally thought that you were on the west coast (maybe because of all the skiing?), but if you go to Wegmans then you must be an east-coaster ;) I'm not a beer person, but I had this Swedish hard cider once when I was in Canada (called Rekorderlig), but they don't sell it in the US! Soooo disappointing!

      Delete
  2. I love the tote you put it all in! Very manly, in a cute kind of way! :) Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, I thought so too! The tote is from TJ Maxx, which is basically the same as Marshalls Homegoods. They have so much good stuff there...there is one smack dab in between my work and home, which (as you can imagine!) is somewhat dangerous ;)

      Delete
  3. Another good tip in creating your DIY gift baskets for men is to keep it as simple as possible. As previously mentioned, men are not so much into fanfare and bling like us women. If you know he is into a particular kind of food, just put bacon, imported sausages, and steaks into a cooler and tie a pretty red bow atop it. It may not please your eye but trust me, he is a happy boy.

    Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2766015

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cherish every one of the posts, I truly delighted in, I might want more data about this, since it is exceptionally pleasant., Thanks for sharing.
    beer gift baskets

    ReplyDelete