Monday, March 4, 2013

Progress in the Kitchen Department

Hey all!  So yeah, there was no blog post last week.  I got kinda stuck in terms of projects--does that ever happen to you?  Rather than posting about nothing, I just didn't post at all!  Needless to day, I'm unstuck now because we got a TON done on our kitchen this past weekend.  

The weekend started out innocently enough--we (the husband and I) had plans to go to a discount flooring store to scope out supplies for a counter top  and then stop at a paint store to get some paint chips for potential cabinet colors.  That was supposed to be it.  Well, long story short, taking off some cabinet doors led to taking out some cabinets, which led to ripping out the existing wall oven and cook top, and then installing our "new" slide-in range (read about my plans for the kitchen here).  And while we're at it, we might as well put out all the existing counter tops and install the new sink and faucet, right?  And maybe cut plywood bases for the new counter top?  Well, I guess we could also install some new outlets...no big deal.  




I have to give the husband mad props on this one--there is no way that all of this would have gotten done without him.  He single-handedly converted the hard-wired hookup from our old stove into a 220V outlet for our new oven, installed two new outlets... 


...and re-plumbed the kitchen sink for the new faucet/sink that went in (with a little help from Max of course!).


I switched out all of the light switches and old outlets for new white ones, switched out a cabinet drawer, and did cleaning/damage control (plus two more trips to Home Depot) while all of that was going on.  Buuuuut, I must have messed something up on the outlets etc, because the light switch that used to control the light over the sink now turns 3 other lights and 4 outlets on and off.  Crap!!  Guess who gets to fix her mistake this week after work?  Me!


So this is what the kitchen looked like a few weeks ago: 


And this is where we are right now:


There will be lots more to come in the next few weeks!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the sink looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome progress. The sink is going to be beautiful! Love the little sneak peek I got of it in the above pics.
    Like you saw on Instagram, we are doing similar things right now and I have to admit that I messed up one outlet and another light switch too. That electricity stuff sure is annoying and time consuming, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, it is sooo ridiculous how misplacing one wire can screw up the whole circuit! It was a switch that I had messed up and it took about an hour to fix (mostly it was the husband who was fixing it--oops!).

      Delete