Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Current Obsession: Nailhead Trim Doors

A couple of weeks ago I had a reader email me for advice on sprucing up the inside of her front door.  She'd seen my post on adding molding to a flat panel door and asked if I thought the burlap accent would look ok, or if she should consider something else.  She really liked the texture of the burlap, but wasn't sure if it would look right in her space.

NOTE: I should mention at this point in time, that she's an American living in Paris (side note: I want to be an American living in Paris!!)  How cool is that?

It took me about 2 minutes to find doors accented with nailhead trim...and another 30 seconds to fall in love with them.  I ultimately sent her some pictures and suggested that she might try one of these options, based on what I gathered about her personal style.

First up, this door, which I found via Pinterest.  It was uploaded by the user Ashley Hicks (see her Pinterest boards here--she's an interior designer!)


Look at this amazing geometric door that's accented with leather pieces and nailhead trim! You'd never believe that it started out as a flat panel door.  The best part?  The DIY instructions are on HGTV's website here.


These doors have nailhead trim that almost looks like it could be molding.  So pretty!  


Look at how dramatic and lovely this one is--I feel like even a guy would have to go for something like this.  

What do you think?  Would you ever do nailhead trim on a door?  

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, right?! I need more areas to use nailhead trim!

      Delete
  2. I love this! Also if you like nail head you might like this


    http://www.desertdomicile.com/search?updated-max=2013-09-12T00:30:00-07:00&max-results=3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the awesome link! (Big Bang Theory is one of my all-time favorite shows!)

      Delete