Wednesday, December 11, 2013

MacKenzie Childs Replica Wreath

This past week my mom sent me pictures of the wreath that she made with my little sister!  Isn't it gorgeous?  It's a replica of a wreath that is found at MacKenzie Childs, which is a very upscale pottery and home decor company that's actually located just down the road from my parents' house.  The original "Estate Barn Wreath" is going for a whopping $495, while the replica cost less than $75.  

So so so pretty!  Mom said that my sister has a knack for judging what looks good.  A budding artist perhaps?!


All of the assorted floral picks were on sale, and I believe that they used coupons for the beads.  She took pictures of all of the things that they used just in case you want to make one too!







Now for a few detail shots. Mom said that used a basic faux evergreen wreath as the base.  They were able to insert a lot of the picks without glue, but did use a hot glue gun to hold some pieces in place.






Have you made a wreath for the holidays?  How did it turn out?

2 comments:

  1. MacKenzie Childs' style is so unique and fun and you did an amazing job replicating it. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just bought a tufted headboard that I want to recover, and I am going to use your tutorials on your 3 tufted headboards to help me redo mine! I featured your posts/blog on my blog, howtolivelovely.wordpress.com. Great posts and content! Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete