Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Wood Countertops: Part 3

Hey all!  Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of weekslast week was a short week for me due to our celebration of Thanksgiving here in the US.  Although, I actually went to Canada for Thanksgiving--my best friend recently moved to Calgary, Alberta over the summer so I went up there to spend some time with her.  It was a fantastic trip, and I had a lot of fun!  

The only snafu that I had with the entire trip were my flight connections in Toronto (one connection on the way out, and one connection on the way back).  Even though I was supposed to have 1 hr and 20 minutes to make the switch, I only had 35 - 45 minutes each time due to bad weather delays.  I had to clear customs AND security AND make it to the other side of the airport in that short amount of time.  It was pure madness I tell you, and somehow I made to my next flight both times.  Was it luck or skill?!  Probably a little bit of both, but all I can say is THANK GOODNESS for kind people.  Between people giving me directions about where to go and three amazing ladies letting me go ahead of them in the security line--my love for our friendly neighbors to the north was reaffirmed.  Thank you whoever you are!  

But onward!  Two weekends ago we did some exciting things with the kitchen--namely, the husband finished sanding down the counters, and then we applied the bar top coating!  



Apparently when I told you that we had 75 square feet of counter space, I was having a major brain fart because in reality we only have around 32 square feet of counter top (oops!).  This means that at about $4 per square foot for the glazing, this project only cost us around $200 total (that includes the glazing plus some other supplies we needed to apply everything).  

I won't go through the whole process of how we applied everything just yet (come back next week!), but in the mean time look at how pretty it is!  









And you know what the best part is?  Now I can do the back splash!! :) Even though you can't see me, just know that I am doing a happy dance right now.  I mean, I know that the ratty salmon-colored paint is enticing and everything (and after staring at it for about 8 months, it doesn't faze me anymore), but I think that some nice subway tile will really pull everything together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment