Friday, November 21, 2014

Arrow Tail Quilt

Long time no see!  Did I ever underestimate how much free time I'd have with a baby or what?!  It took me months to finish this quilt, but I think that the final result is worth it.  I first saw this quilt on Sing All You Want.  My friend was having a baby and requested some home-made quilts, and I had been wanting to try something a little different.  I'm not going to reinvent the wheel and post a tutorial (let's face it, I don't have time anyway haha)…Laurel over at Sing All You Want does a fantastic job with that, so check it out here.

I had a lot of fun picking out fabric choices at Joann Fabrics.  It took a few trips to the store to make my final selections, but I'm thrilled with how they all coordinate (they were not from the same "fabric collection" so I had to hunt around a bit).  My friend didn't know if they were having a girl or a boy, so everything I picked had to be semi-gender neutral, although I did end up selecting several flower prints.  She ended up having a girl, so it worked out well :)



It really wasn't difficult at all…the hardest part was cutting out all the darn pieces and then deciding where to put them in the quilt relative to one another.  The dogs thwarted my attempts to lay out the quilt pieces on multiple occasions, so they ended up getting shut out the bedroom while I worked.  The sewing was actually easy peasy.  It was just a matter of finding the time to do it all! :)


Here is my sweet baby Grace modeling the blanket for you.  Isn't she just the cutest?!




5 comments:

  1. Grace is adorable and I totally love the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am behind - congrats, Grace is a stunner! Love the quilt but seriously - is the kitchen done or what? Is there a backsplash? I've been totally left hanging here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute and Grace is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete